Making and receiving payments
Bank notes are notorious carriers of germs of all kinds. Can notes and coins carry coronaviruses? Are there virus- es on ATM buttons and screens, cash registers or barcode scanners? What about on the card you use at the ATM or elsewhere? There could be viruses on all these surfaces! Here are some ways that we can minimize the possibility of contacting the coronavirus while making financial transactions.
Scroll down to view and download a set of guidelines and some detailed information in various languages.
Click to download the infographic in different languages:
Click to download the guidelines in different languages:
- Stability of SARS-CoV-2 in different environmental conditions
- Money and transmission of bacteria
- Appeal to the public from the Indian Banks’ Association
- Banks have been asked to encourage customers to use digital payment methods
- Take some precautions while using cash
- Article about using ATMs and cleaning cards